Sunday, March 12, 2017

Drummer Jonathan Barber, Hartt School Alum, Heads Japan Tour




-- photos by Lauren Desberg, Urška Lukovnjak and John Salatto

Announcement via Jonathan Barber:

I am thrilled to announce my 1st International Tour under my own name. This tour will be in one of my favorite places in the world..... Japan.

I shall call this tour the "Drums Around The World Tour." Joining me: Pianist Taber Gable and Bassist Joshua Crumbly. Grateful for this opportunity to share and spread my musical voice across the world.

May 12(fri) Lifetime / Shizuoka city

May 13(sat) Body & Soul / Tokyo

May 14(sun) Le club jazz / Kyoto city

May 15(mon) Le club jazz/ Kyoto city

May 17(wed) Star eyes / Nagoya city

May 19(fri) Swing hall / Musashino city Tokyo

May 20(sat) Pit inn / Tokyo

This is just the beginning... Vision Ahead 2017

#drumsaroundtheworld

More details coming soon...

  • Featured in Modern Drummer




  • Cool Justice photo by JOHN SALATTO
    #KrisAllen Quartet 3-12-16 #ButtonwoodTree, #Middletown CT: Kris Allen, alto and soprano saxophones; #FrankKozyra, tenor saxophone; #MattDwonszyk, bass; #JonathanBarber, drums. Original music from “Beloved” on #TruthRevolutionRecords (June 2016).


  • Jonathan Barber Drum Feature "Moontrane"


  • Barber website


  • Barber Facebook

  • No comments: